Online Bachelor of Science in Graphic Information Technology
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online Bachelor of Science in graphic information technology provides students with a creative, technological, and managerial understanding of graphic information and content creation. The program lives at the intersections of creativity, visual design and technology, preparing students to create visual content for multi-channel distribution – print, web, photo, video, animation.
In our technical world, graphics are an essential way to communicate information. Being able to create, evaluate, organize and disseminate visual messages to a broad audience is a valuable skill. Through an intensive program of study emphasizing theory and practice, ASU’s BS in graphic information technology (web concentration) integrates diverse applications of digital communication and information as used in industry, commerce, education, and government.
As a graphic information technology student, you'll learn web development and interactive technologies, computer illustration and digital publishing, photography for online delivery, and other technologies relevant to the cross-media nature of the graphic information industry. You'll also have the opportunity to explore areas such as security, usability, entrepreneurship, and e-commerce. GIT students are prepared for positions such as web designers and developers, user experience designers, digital media specialists, and advertising executives, among others. As a graduate of this program, you can expect to find employment in government, corporate, non-profit, and cultural organizations. Recent examples include Shutterfly, Boeing, Digitaria digital marketing agency, Leo Burnett advertising, i4software, Blue Media, Fairytale Brownies, and the Phoenix Zoo.
Top 25% of all accredited engineering programs in the nation
- ASU #2 for online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- ASU #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 engineering online programs for veterans (2019)
- #9 engineering online graduate programs (2019)
- #38 engineering undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #44 graduate program - 24th among public institutions
- 60 engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Fulton Schools' 22,000+ students represent 135 countries, all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Ira A. Fulton offers a wide range of degree options. Students are engineers from day one–they don’t have to wait until they are juniors to be engineers.
According to U.S. News & World Report, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering undergraduate degree programs are ranked in the top 25% percent of programs. Of the 320+ faculty members, the majority have been honored with the highest awards in their fields. Faculty milestones include:
- Nobel Laureate
- National Academy of Engineering members
- National Academy of Sciences members
- National Academy of Inventors members
- National Academy of Construction members
- More than 55 young investigator awards received in the last 10 years
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Science in Graphic Information Technology have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to: