Home school students
Which degree are you most interested in?
Home school students contribute to our rich, scholarly environment
The unique experiences of home school students contribute to the diversity of ASU Online. If you graduated high school in a home school setting and have not completed an Associate degree or higher (or the Arizona General Education Curriculum) then you are considered a homeschool student. Not a home school student? Select a different student type.
Home school students must meet the general requirements for ASU admission (see step 2 for general requirements, and step 3 for transfer application requirements), including specific documentation with your application to confirm your completion of the requirements:
- Home school students are required to complete the Evaluation of Laboratory Science Courses form per Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) policy. This requires one class period per week in a laboratory environment.
- Aptitude Requirement - must have earned one of the following:
- ACT score of 22 for Arizona residents (24 nonresidents)* or
- An SAT score of 1040 for residents, if taken prior to May 2017 (1110 nonresidents)* or
- An SAT score of 1120 Taken after April 2017 (1180 nonresidents)*
- Graduation Requirement - Upon completion of secondary school education, complete the Affidavit of Completion of Secondary School Education. The affidavit must be completed by the parent/guardian and notarized.
*ASU does not require the writing portion of these tests.
Home School students with a GED score of 500 or above for tests taken before January 2014 or a GED score of 170 or above for tests taken after January 2014 or above may be admissible without transcripts.
Freshman homeschool students will also need to provide proof of the following experience:
- English - 4 years (composition/literature based)
- Math - 4 years - Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II and one course requiring Algebra II as a prerequisite.
- Laboratory Science - 3 years from any of the following areas: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Integrated Sciences and Physics)
- Social Science - 2 years (including American History)
- Foreign Language - 2 years (same language)
- Fine Arts - 1 year
Transfer students must meet one of the following requirements.*
- 12-23 transferable credit hours with a 2.50 cumulative GPA or higher and meet freshman aptitude requirements
- 24 or more transferable credit hours with a 2.50 cumulative GPA or higher (those with a 2.0-2.49 GPA will be individually considered)
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution with:
- 2.00 or higher cumulative GPA (residents)
- 2.50 or higher cumulative GPA (nonresidents)
** “A” = 4.00; ASU accepts transfer college-level courses in which you have earned a “C-” or better from a regionally accredited higher education institution.
Complete online application
You are one step closer to becoming an ASU Sun Devil! When completing the online admission application, you will be asked which high school you attended, enter your home town name into this field. Scroll through the city options until you find Home School toward the bottom.
File your FAFSA
In order to be considered for financial aid, including various scholarships, you must complete the FAFSA. Fill out the FAFSA entirely online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Federal School Code is 001081.
2018-2019 FAFSA enrollment:
Students can submit their FAFSA for the 2018-2019 school year beginning October 1. ASU's priority filing date is January 1.
A nonrefundable application fee is required of all students after completing the ASU admission application. The application fee is nonrefundable.
- $70: US Citizen, US Permanent Resident, In Application for Permanent Residency, DACA, International online student studying outside the U.S.
- $115: International students on any non-immigrant visa type studying in the U.S. (e.g. F-1, H1-B, H-4, etc).
Learn about the Sun Devil Experience.
ASU Online is more than just a digital platform, we are a community. Learn what it’s like to join the Sun Devil community, discover what a course feels like and gain skills that will make you a successful student!Learn about being a future student