Online Technical Communication Degree (BS)
Which degree are you most interested in?
Through Arizona State University's online Bachelor of Science in Technical Communication, you will learn how to produce, design and manage information, using both traditional and developing technologies. Technical communication is applied workplace communication that makes technical information understandable and available to many audiences.
The BS in Technical Communication is the only undergraduate technical communication degree program available in the state of Arizona. The curriculum brings together information, writing, multimedia, and communication technology, and includes courses such as Principles of Visual Communication, Principles of Writing with Technology, Writing for Professional Publication and Proposal Writing.
Throughout the degree program you will develop a wide range of skills and knowledge, including how to: collaborate with colleagues and other professionals, respond to the needs of specific audiences, use standard tools for accessing, retrieving and evaluating information, use conventions of format and structure in documents, develop flexible strategies for drafting, revising, editing and proof-reading, and apply appropriate standards, laws, policies and accepted practices for the use of a variety of technologies.
- #1 public university chosen by international students
- #1 in the U.S. for innovation
- #2 in the U.S. for online undergraduate degree programs
- A top producer of world’s elite scholars
- A prestigious global university
Arizona State University’s College of Integrative Sciences and Arts faculty members are deeply committed to exploration in their fields of work. Many of the college’s faculty and staff are recognized both nationally and internationally for their achievements, including the following national honors and awards:
- Fulbright Scholars
- American Educational Research Association fellows
- Distinguished Leader for Women in Psychology Leadership Award
- American Psychological Association fellows
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Society for the Promotion of Psychotherapeutic Science Section
- Leona Tyler Award for Lifetime Distinguished Contribution to Counseling Psychology
- Arizona Psychological Association, Faculty of the Year Award
- Ellen Nold Award for best article in the field of computers and composition studies
- Council of Writing Program Administrators, Best Book Award
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Science in Technical Communication have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to: