International online application
Join ASU international students at a #1 university
ASU is ranked one of the best universities in the world and the #1 university for innovation in the U.S. for six years in a row, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2021.
Online international students are those who are not currently citizens, permanent residents or refugees in the U.S. and attending ASU through our online campus modality. Online international students are not issued an I-20 to travel to the U.S. for school, but instead participate remotely in world-class learning.
Follow the steps below to apply as an international student at ASU Online.
Review international student admission requirements
Apply to earn a bachelor’s degree online as an international student:
- Freshman are required to have a minimum 3.00 GPA from a secondary school.
- Transfer students are required to have a minimum 2.50 GPA. Some programs may require a higher GPA to transfer into their college.
Apply to earn a graduate degree as an international student:
- You’re required to have a minimum of the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.00 GPA in the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate studies. However, if you’re unable to meet this GPA requirement, your application may still be considered.
I attended secondary school…
Review international student English language proficiency requirements
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide proof of English language proficiency by submitting one of the following test scores.
Please note: Some programs, such as nursing, engineering and journalism, require scores above the general requirement.
Apply to ASU as an international student
International applicants who currently reside outside the U.S. should select the visa type “JN” when completing the application. This designation indicates you will not be entering the U.S. and no financial guarantee documents will be required.
Student visas are not available to online students. Students who are currently residing in the U.S. under an F1 student visa may not enroll in online programs.
Pay the application fee
You may pay with a credit card when you submit the online application. If you didn’t submit your application fee with your admission application, you have a few options for making your payment:
- Send secure payments through Flywire.
- Make your payment through My ASU.
- Submit payment in the form of a check or money order drawn on a U.S. banking affiliate and made payable to Arizona State University.
Do not send cash or international postal money orders. Application fees cannot be waived or transferred to a future application. Cost of application to ASU Online is $70.
Submit your transcripts
Official transcripts are certified copies of official documents from each secondary school, college, university and/or technical school attended.
To process an ASU application, all international records must be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation. Translations must be literal, complete versions of original records, and a university, a government official or an official translation service must translate the documents. Students cannot perform their own translation.