International online application
Join ASU international students at the #1 university
ASU is ranked one of the best universities in the world and the #1 university for innovation in the U.S. according to U.S. News & World Report. International students are those who are not currently citizens, permanent residents or refugees in the U.S., but who are currently on a J-1 or F-1 visa.
Review admission requirements
- Freshman are required to have a minimum 3.00 GPA from a secondary school.
- Transfer students are required to have a minimum 2.50 GPA, unless applying for programs within W. P. Carey School of Business and Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, which require a minimum 3.00 GPA. Some programs may also require a higher GPA to transfer into their college.
International students who attended four years of high school in the U.S. are required to meet the competency requirements:
- English – 4 years (composition/literature based).
- Math – 4 years (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II and one course requiring Algebra II as a prerequisite).
- Laboratory Science – 3 years from any of the following areas: biology, chemistry, Earth science, integrated sciences and physics).
- Social Science – 2 years (including American history).
- Foreign Language – 2 years (same language).
- Fine Arts – 1 year.
Review English language proficiency requirements
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide proof of English language proficiency by submitting one of the following test scores:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Send official TOEFL directly to ASU from the Educational Testing Service. ASU's TOEFL institution code is 4007. For information about this test, visit ets.org/toefl or mail to:
PO Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): For information about this test, visit ielts.org or mail to:
University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate
1 Hills Road
Pearson Test of English (PTE): For information about this test, visit pearsonpte.com.
* Please have your ACT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score sent directly to ASU.
Complete online application
International applicants who currently reside outside the U.S. should select the visa type "JN" when completing the application. This designation indicates you will not be entering the U.S. and no financial guarantee documents will be required.
Student visas are not available to online students. Students who are currently residing in the U.S. under an F1 student visa may not enroll in online programs.
Pay the application fee
You may pay with a credit card when you submit the online application. If you did not submit your application fee with your admission application, you may make your payment through My ASU or submit payment in the form of a check or money order drawn on a U.S. banking affiliate and made payable to Arizona State University. Do not send cash or international postal money orders. Application fees cannot be waived or transferred to a future application.
- $70: ASU Online programs.
Submit your transcripts
Official transcripts are certified copies of official documents from each secondary school, college, university and/or technical school attended.
To process an ASU application, all international records must be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation. Translations must be literal, complete versions of original records, and a university, a government official or an official translation service must translate the documents. Students cannot perform their own translation.
If sending by stamped mail:
Admission Services Applicant Processing
Arizona State University
PO Box 871004
Tempe, AZ 85287
If sending by FedEx, DHL or UPS:
Arizona State University Admission Services Applicant Processing
1150 E. University Drive Building C, Room 226
Tempe, AZ 85281