Online Bachelor of Science in Technical Communication - User Experience
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online interdisciplinary user experience (UX) concentration provides technical communication majors with a conceptual understanding and applied skills in gathering user information, analyzing data, and communicating research findings to stakeholders.
The field of user experience (UX) is growing rapidly, and there are many opportunities for Technical Communication graduates who have some expertise in UX, including jobs in UX research, user-centered design, information design, interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, and usability analysis. Technical Communication majors are well-positioned for many of these roles, because the major helps students hone their abilities to craft clear and compelling messages; collaborate with users, clients, and technical personnel; and lead teams—all abilities that are central to UX work.
The online UX concentration will complement the Technical Communication major by providing students with an interdisciplinary foundation in communication, research, and design that is essential to the rapidly growing area of UX. The concentration provides students with a conceptual understanding and applied skills in gathering user information, analyzing data, and communicating research findings to stakeholders. Although the concentration’s “home” and primary focus is technical communication, it includes courses from human systems engineering (HSE) and graphic information technology (GIT) in order to provide students with the interdisciplinary perspective and skills needed for UX work.
- #1 public university chosen by international students
- #1 in the U.S. for innovation
- #2 in the U.S. for online undergraduate degree programs
- A top producer of world’s elite scholars
- A prestigious global university
Arizona State University’s College of Integrative Sciences and Arts faculty members are deeply committed to exploration in their fields of work. Many of the college’s faculty and staff are recognized both nationally and internationally for their achievements, including the following national honors and awards:
- Fulbright Scholars
- American Educational Research Association fellows
- Distinguished Leader for Women in Psychology Leadership Award
- American Psychological Association fellows
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Society for the Promotion of Psychotherapeutic Science Section
- Leona Tyler Award for Lifetime Distinguished Contribution to Counseling Psychology
- Arizona Psychological Association, Faculty of the Year Award
- Ellen Nold Award for best article in the field of computers and composition studies
- Council of Writing Program Administrators, Best Book Award
The BS in Technical Communication (User Experience) prepares students for careers in: