Online Bachelor of Science in Health Care Compliance and Regulations
Get program details
To learn more about this program, fill out the form below and check your email for information on next steps.
Better patient care with health care compliance
Health care compliance ensures patients and the public have a better quality of care in medical, insurance and health-related companies and organizations. Compliance officers ensure the industry operates within federal and state standards and regulations in order to have a more effective and safe environment for patients and employees.
The health care compliance and regulations BS program at ASU Online is the first undergraduate degree program in the U.S. dedicated to the education and training of compliance specialists in the health care environment.
This program is ideal for anyone interested in the ethical, regulatory and business aspects of the health care industry and emphasizes elements from business, health care, engineering, and compliance to offer a comprehensive program that teaches students to solve problems and seek preventive solutions with a strong ethical decision-making model.
Topics covered within this program include:
- accreditation standards, auditing and policies
- billing and coding compliance
- compliance policies, laws and regulations
- security and privacy compliance oversight
- health care system regulation and participation rules
- auditing and risk assessment
- critical thinking and root cause analysis
- ethical thinking and problem solving
ASU Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation achievements:
- The partnership between ASU's Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation and Mayo Clinic received the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Exemplary Academic-Practice Partnership Award in 2015.
- ASU is #1 in the nation for innovation
- ASU Online was ranked #2 in the nation for best bachelor's programs
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
Arizona State University’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation is the home to world-renowned faculty members including:
- Fulbright Senior Scholar
- Rosalynn Carter National Leadership Award in Caregiving
- Ruth B. Freeman Award from the American Public Health Association
- Countless national faculty nursing awards
Health care compliance skills earned in this bachelors program are essential to any career or certification in health care regulatory affairs. Use your from this degree program when earning the credentials necessary to sit for a health care compliance certification exam, or go into the industry as one of the following specialized positions:
All students are required to meet general university admission requirements.
Some programs may have additional requirements for admission.