Online Bachelor of Science in Digital Audiences
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online Bachelor of Science in Digital Audiences gives students the skills they need to use digital and social media to deepen impact in any industry, including strategy development, digital analytics, SEO and SEM campaigns, paid and organic social campaigns, audience research and more.
Companies and organizations around the world have a critical and growing need to connect with audiences on digital and social media to increase impact in everything from sales to community cohesion. Corporations, advocacy groups, entrepreneurs, government agencies, community groups, news organizations and nonprofits all need professionals who understand how to reach large online audiences in order to increase sales, advertising, donations, political support and community impact.
The expertise required to leverage online audiences is different from traditional training in public relations. It requires training in social science research, real-time data analysis, digital audience behavior, multimedia content creation, ethics, law, entrepreneurship, project management, writing and public speaking. The online BS in Digital Audiences blends these disciplines in a data-driven, hands-on curriculum.
Through required coursework, students learn to measure and analyze how consumers interact with content online, on social media and on mobile devices. Using those measurement skills, students learn how to grow audiences through applying search engine optimization, search engine marketing, paid and organic social media campaigns and audience research in digital content creation. In the program’s capstone experience, students work with real-world clients to create audience-first content and develop, test and execute audience growth strategies in real time.
Throughout the BS in Digital Audiences program, students develop a deep understanding of the ethics, laws, security risks and privacy concerns all digital content creators must weigh in growing and engaging consumers.
- For over 15 years, the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication has earned the best record (96 awards) in the Society of Professional Journalists' national "Mark of Excellence" competition.
- Cronkite reigns first in the nation for record-breaking Hearst Journalism Awards (the Pulitzer Prizes of college journalism).
- Cronkite has the best record of any journalism school for the international Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award for reporting on social justice issues.
- Based on student work around video journalism, Cronkite won the very first Edward R. Murrow Award.
- Cronkite has earned more awards of any school in the nation from the Broadcast Education Association's Festival of Media Arts.
- Recognized a top leading journalism school in the country by New York Times, USA Today, U.S. News & World Report, the American Journalism Review and The Times of London.
The Cronkite School attracts award-winning professional journalists and world-class media scholars from the country:
- Former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie Jr.
- Former BET Vice President Retha Hill
- Digital media leader Dan Gillmor
- Former Sacramento Bee Executive Editor Rick Rodriguez
- Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter and editor Jacquee Petchel
- Pulitzer-Prize winning reporter Steve Doig
- Former Knight Foundation journalism innovator Eric Newton
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Science in Digital Audiences have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
All students are required to meet general university admission requirements.