Online Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning degree at Arizona State University introduces you to the broader purpose of planning, while focusing on practice and application. The program offers expertise in the analysis and synthesis of the social, physical, economic and political factors that affect urban and regional development.
The urban planning field encompasses areas of expertise such as urban and development economics, geographical information systems, housing, transportation and landscape design. As a student in this program, you will gain skills in these areas to help communities make smart decisions about the use of land and resources. Your coursework will explore areas such as planning, analysis, and law and will examine the socioeconomic and environmental impacts of urban planning.
The program will prepare you for career opportunities in private planning firms or government agencies. You may also choose to pursue graduate work to develop a more specialized urban planning focus.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
Our world-class faculty is composed of 64 tenure-track and research professors, including:
- 10 American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellows
- 7 Fulbright American Scholars
- 4 National Science Foundation Early Career Development Award Winners
- 4 National Academy of Sciences Members
- 2 American Academy of Arts and Sciences Members
- 1 Carnegie Fellow
- 1 Ford Foundation Fellow
- 3 Arizona Board of Regents’ Professors
- 3 ASU President’s Professors
- 1 ASU Foundation Professor
- 1 ASU Centennial Professor
- 1 ASU Origins Professor
Graduates with an ASU Online BSP in Urban Planning have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to: