Online Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Sciences
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online BAS in health sciences degree at Arizona State University is ideal for people in health-related fields who have an associate of applied science (AAS) degree and want to earn their four-year degree.
The health sciences field is the single largest industry in the country, accounting for more than 14 million jobs. Many of the fastest growing occupations today are in health sciences. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, health sciences occupations are expected to generate as many as 3 million new jobs by 2016. In addition, the field of health education is expected to grow by 20 percent, or roughly 25,000 new jobs, in the next decade.
This is a cross-disciplinary program designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to position you for a range of career opportunities in health-related fields. As a graduate of this program, you will be well prepared for success as a manager in your original field of expertise, such as Medical Radiology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, and Histology Technology. Other career opportunities, depending upon the focus of original AAS study, include positions as health educators, elder services program coordinators, long-term care health and wellness coordinators, and community nutrition aides. You'll also be uniquely qualified for graduate study in applied programs such as gerontology, family sciences, and health education.
Developing the health workforce of the future:
The College of Health Solutions school is dedicated to designing focusing on addressing the world’s most pressing issues in health.
- In the fall 2016, the College of Health Solutions had 247 Barrett Honors scholars, 146 faculty, 5,813 students and 9 million in research expenditures
- Embedded partnerships in the community give students additional resources and networking opportunities including the Mayo Clinic, Barrow Neurological Institute, HonorHealth, Dignity Health, Health Care Sector Partnership and more
- $9 million in research expenditures
ASU’s College of Health Solutions has faculty with high-level expertise, in addition to cutting-edge approaches in research:
- Exploring mechanisms involved in the development of diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Using advanced technology to monitor and promote healthy lifestyles
- Harnessing big data to improve patient outcomes
- Using state-of-the-art cognitive, behavioral and neuroscience techniques to study the components of human communication
- Discovering the impact of the environment and policy on food security and community health
According to O*Net Online, employment in exercise and wellness, kinesiology, and healthy lifestyle promotion is expected to increase 19-37% from 2010 to 2020. Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Sciences have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to: