The urban planning field encompasses areas of expertise such as urban and development economics, geographical information systems, housing, transportation and landscape design. As a student in this program, you will gain skills in these areas to help communities make smart decisions about the use of land and resources. Your coursework will explore areas such as planning, analysis, and law and will examine the socioeconomic and environmental impacts of urban planning.
The program will prepare you for career opportunities in private planning firms or government agencies. You may also choose to pursue graduate work to develop a more specialized urban planning focus.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation