Online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Healthy Lifestyles Coaching)
Get program details
To learn more about this program, fill out the form below and check your email for information on next steps.
The healthy lifestyles coaching focus combines exercise and wellness, nutrition, and health sciences to provide you with a solid background in preventative health care.
As a student pursuing this major, you will take classes in fitness, nutrition, healthy eating, stress management, cultural aspects of health and research-based practices in coaching. You will interact with faculty and professionals who have devoted their lives to teaching and promoting positive lifestyles. This program also emphasizes community integration through nonprofit and for-profit organizations, which provide opportunities for internships.
The multifaceted nature of the program will provide translatable skills within the healthcare industry. As a graduate of our program, you will be equipped with the competencies to facilitate behavioral change, empower positive changes to improve health, reduce chronic disease risk and enhance an individual’s path to an improved well-being. Rehabilitation, community outreach, and numerous other private institutions need skilled healthcare professionals, therefore the breadth of this major increases your job opportunities. Possible career options include positions as health technicians, educators, coordinators, and healthcare practitioners.
Some of our coaching courses prepare graduates to become a National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) through the International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaches (ICHWC).
Looking for an in-person program? Explore the on-campus health sciences degree in healthy lifestyle coaching.
ASU’s College of Health Solutions achievements:
The College of Health Solutions is committed to a rigorous, high-caliber education for students in health. The college prepares students to address the challenges facing populations to stay healthy, improve their health and manage chronic disease.
- In the fall 2019, the College of Health Solutions had 6,758 students, 289 Barrett Honors scholars, 163 faculty members and $14.5 million in research expenditures.
- Ongoing partnerships with the medical community offer students access to professional resources and networking opportunities with Mayo Clinic, Banner Health, HonorHealth, Dignity Health and more.
- ASU is #2 in the U.S. for online undergraduate degree programs (U.S. News & World Report).
ASU’s College of Health Solutions has faculty with high-level expertise, in addition to cutting-edge approaches in research:
- Exploring mechanisms involved in the development of diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Using advanced technology to monitor and promote healthy lifestyles
- Harnessing big data to improve patient outcomes
- Using state-of-the-art cognitive, behavioral and neuroscience techniques to study the components of human communication
- Discovering the impact of the environment and policy on food security and community health
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for health coaches and health educators is projected to grow 21 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences with an emphasis in healthy lifestyles coaching have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
All students are required to meet general university admission requirements.
Some programs may have additional requirements for admission.