Online BSE in Electrical Engineering
Which degree are you most interested in?
From nanoscale electronic devices to the U.S. electric power grid, the Electrical Engineering degree program at ASU will prepare you for a career in areas including energy production and distribution, information processing and management, healthcare technology and delivery, global sustainable development, economic growth and security, and communications and data networking.
The program’s award-winning faculty will guide you through fundamental engineering courses along with specialty courses in analog and digital circuits, electromagnetic fields, microprocessors, communications networks, solid-state electronics, and electric power and energy systems. The program integrates the fundamentals with practical real-world experience in an online environment. Labs incorporate a combination of practical hardware along with industry-standard design and simulation tools to provide you with the applied skills needed in today’s global engineering environment.
Top 25% of all accredited engineering programs in the nation
- ASU #2 for online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- ASU #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 engineering online programs for veterans (2019)
- #9 engineering online graduate programs (2019)
- #38 engineering undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #44 graduate program - 24th among public institutions
- 60 engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Fulton Schools' 22,000+ students represent 135 countries, all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Ira A. Fulton offers a wide range of degree options. Students are engineers from day one–they don’t have to wait until they are juniors to be engineers.
According to U.S. News & World Report, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering undergraduate degree programs are ranked in the top 25% percent of programs. Of the 320+ faculty members, the majority have been honored with the highest awards in their fields. Faculty milestones include:
- Nobel Laureate
- National Academy of Engineering members
- National Academy of Sciences members
- National Academy of Inventors members
- National Academy of Construction members
- More than 55 young investigator awards received in the last 10 years
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Electrical Engineering have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
In addition to the university’s admission standards, students seeking an electrical engineering degree with ASU Online must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 1210 SAT combined evidence-based reading and writing plus math score (or 1140 if taken prior to March 5, 2016) or minimum 24 ACT combined score or 3.00 minimum ABOR GPA or class ranking in top 25 percent of high school class and
- No high school math or science competency deficiencies
Transfer students with less than 24 college credit hours:
- Minimum transfer GPA of 3.00 for less than 24 transfer hours, and
- No high school math or science competency deficiencies, and
- Minimum 1210 SAT combined evidence-based reading and writing plus math score (or 1140 if taken prior to March 5, 2016) or minimum 24 ACT combined score, or 3.00 minimum ABOR GPA, or class ranking in top 25 percent of high school class
Transfer students with 24 or more college credit hours (must meet EITHER the primary OR the secondary criteria:
- Minimum transfer GPA of 3.00 for 24 or more transfer hours, and
- No high school math or science competency deficiencies (if Admission Services requires submission of a high school transcript)
- Minimum transfer GPA of 2.75 for 24 or more transfer hours, and
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in all critical courses for Terms 1 and 2 (see major map for critical courses)
Foreign nationals who are required to submit TOEFL test scores must have a minimum of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 79 on iBT (Internet-based) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.