Offered completely online through the School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning, this program focuses on human and cultural traditions throughout the world in regions such as Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. You will explore topics including population and migration, geographic information science and technology, and urban and regional geography.
As a geography graduate, you will be qualified for careers in a broad variety of fields, including GIS, community development, urban planning, foreign service, intelligence analysis, travel and tourism. You will also be prepared for graduate work in areas such as cultural geography, climate science, GIScience and spatial analysis, and environmental and landscape dynamics.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the nation for innovation