Online Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
Which degree are you most interested in?
Anthropology is the study of humans, past and present. To understand what makes humans unique, and the importance of our differences, anthropology draws on insights from diverse fields, including social and biological sciences and the humanities.
ASU’s bachelor of arts online degree program in anthropology gives students an opportunity to learn how and why humans evolved, and how our evolutionary biological, social and cultural trajectories help us understand the meaning of being human in past, present and future environments.
Anthropology helps students develop strong critical-thinking and oral and written expression skills, important for success in many career areas. Anthropology majors learn how to use the scientific method to formulate and test hypotheses and gather qualitative and quantitative data through a variety of methods including how to employ statistics to analyze and extract meaning from data.
Largest and most diverse anthropology programs in the country:
- Apprenticeship program distributed across 40 different labs
- Work alongside expert faculty to learn cutting-edge methods and techniques
- The anthropology program carries a legacy of success
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
Our world-class faculty is composed of 64 tenure-track and research professors, including:
10 American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellows
7 Fulbright American Scholars
4 National Science Foundation Early Career Development Award Winners
4 National Academy of Sciences Members
2 American Academy of Arts and Sciences Members
1 Carnegie Fellow
1 Ford Foundation Fellow
3 Arizona Board of Regents’ Professors
3 ASU President’s Professors
1 ASU Foundation Professor
1 ASU Centennial Professor
- 1 ASU Origins Professor
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to: