Online Bachelor of Arts in Women & Gender Studies
Get program details
To learn more about this program, fill out the form below and check your email for information on next steps.
ASU’s online Bachelor of Arts in Women and Gender Studies empowers you to challenge the conventions of gender and make a difference through academic research, critical knowledge, and a deep understanding in feminist theory and practice.
This comprehensive program is offered entirely online through the School of Social Transformation. You will explore women and gender studies through the lens of culture, economics, history, literature, film, politics and science. The program’s liberal arts emphasis will provide you with strong writing, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The interdisciplinary nature of the program prepares you for a variety of careers in areas such as government, law, consulting, education, business, public relations, and nonprofit organizations. As a graduate, you will be prepared for leadership roles in your chosen professional field and in your community.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
Our world-class faculty is composed of 64 tenure-track and research professors, including:
- 10 American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellows
- 7 Fulbright American Scholars
- 4 National Science Foundation Early Career Development Award Winners
- 4 National Academy of Sciences Members
- 2 American Academy of Arts and Sciences Members
- 1 Carnegie Fellow
- 1 Ford Foundation Fellow
- 3 Arizona Board of Regents’ Professors
- 3 ASU President’s Professors
- 1 ASU Foundation Professor
- 1 ASU Centennial Professor
- 1 ASU Origins Professor
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Arts in Women and Gender Studies have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
All students are required to meet general university admission requirements.
Some programs may have additional requirements for admission.