Online Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Leadership
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Leadership degree shares coursework with the BA in organizational leadership but focuses on applied leadership skills rather than theoretical aspects of leadership. It uses transdisciplinary methods that prepare students to become leaders in a variety of organizations while developing students’ skills and knowledge.
The online Applied Leadership program will prepare students for leadership positions in a wide range of organizations and career fields with a focus on the practice of innovative and effective leadership. The program will provide an AAS to BAS path for ASU’s community college partnerships at the Polytechnic campus and for ASU Online students. Students who have earned AAS degrees in areas including, but not limited to, fire science, environmental technology, machine shop technology and welding technology, will learn and apply the leadership skills necessary to become effective leaders in those vocational environments with career opportunities as team leaders, floor managers and shift captains.
The concentration in applied leadership will share coursework with the BA program in organizational studies but will focus less on theoretical aspects of leadership and more on applied leadership skills. It uses transdisciplinary methods that prepare students to become leaders in a variety of organizations. Students develop skills and knowledge that leaders need to solve problems, communicate effectively, assess programs, lead projects and manage resources.
- #1 public university chosen by international students
- #1 in the U.S. for innovation
- #2 in the U.S. for online undergraduate degree programs
- Top 10 university for employability
- A top producer of world’s elite scholars
- A prestigious global university
- 34.5 full-time faculty and 48 adjunct faculty teaching the same courses in-person and via ASU Online.
- All faculty have strong leadership experience within the academic and professional worlds.
- Many of our adjunct faculty work full-time in prestigious leadership positions in the public, private and not-for-profit arenas.
Students who complete the online Applied Leadership BAS degree program may be prepared for the following careers:
Students must have an AAS to apply