This tools-based degree prepares you for a career that spans the public, nonprofit and private sectors using data-driven and evidence-based approaches to social impact. You will develop expertise in performance and evaluation frameworks for social programs, and foundations in the field of data science, one of the “sexiest careers of the 21st century” according to Harvard Business School Review.
The Master of Science in Program Evaluation and Data Analytics is a professional degree that emphasizes skills needed to leverage data to improve organizational performance in the public and nonprofit sectors. We have combined curriculum from the field of program evaluation, which provides tools to assess policy or program impact, with data science courses, which empower students to utilize a diverse array of data analysis tools in new and exciting ways. Your coursework will introduce you to impact analysis, data visualization, dashboards, and automation or reporting.
Unlike other data scientist degrees, this program is built using public sector and nonprofit examples. We do not assume that students have a background in computer programming before starting the degree. Courses build the technical skills necessary to implement rigorous approaches to collecting and analyzing data within public organizations to enhance performance management. ASU’s online degree in Program Evaluation and Data Analytics will prepare you to work as an analyst or manager.
ASU Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions:
- Research is the forefront of all academic activities with 20 research centers for advancing research and discovery on challenges that affect us globally
- Home to ASU’s most diverse student body —and the largest community of first-generation college students
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
- Named a prestigious global university
- #4 university in the country for online undergraduate degree programs