The college’s holistic curriculum focuses on integrating all three pillars of sustainability into existing tourism theories and concepts. The program prepares future sustainable tourism professionals to meet the increasing demand for people trained in sustainability practices and the application of those practices in tourism.
The proliferation of organizations such as Sustainable Travel International, National Geographic’s Center for Sustainable Destinations, and the International Ecotourism Society, among many others, points to the growing importance of this field. Many of the large hotel chains, airlines, attractions companies, and convention and visitor bureaus have instituted sustainability practices. Even the United States Agency for International Development website has an entire section devoted to sustainable tourism development and has supported 123 sustainable tourism projects in 72 countries.
ASU College of Public Service and Community Solutions:
- Research is the forefront of all academic activities with 20 research centers for advancing research and discovery around challenges that affect us globally
- Home to ASU’s most diverse student body —and the largest community of first-generation college students
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
- Top 10 in the nation for employability
- Named a prestigious global university
- #2 university in the country for online undergraduate degree programs