Online Master of Science in Engineering in Sustainable Engineering
The online Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) in Sustainable Engineering is a multidisciplinary graduate program ideal for professionals and graduate level students with engineering and physical science backgrounds who wish to design a flexible, online, individualized plan of study.
Next start date: 08/20/2020
Total classes: 10
Weeks per class: 7.5-15
Total credit hours: 30
Degree questions, answered.
Have questions about the Sustainable Engineering (MSE)? Fill out this form and we’ll get in touch!
The goal of sustainable engineering is to enable long-lasting improvement of the human condition. The online masters in sustainable engineering program transcends traditional engineering education by integrating considerations of complex social, environmental, political, and economic factors into engineering theory and practice in order to achieve more economically, technically, environmentally, institutionally and socially efficient and robust solutions. It enables you to create elegant and efficient engineering solutions for your clients and your organizations In this online program you’ll develop:
- Multidisciplinary expertise so you can better understand and work with complex engineering and technological systems
- Knowledge of core sustainable engineering principles
- Expertise in natural and man-made system modeling, dynamics and adaptive behavior
- A working knowledge of key environmental and social considerations, and how they can be integrated into technology design
- Skill in using essential tools such as life cycle assessment and design for sustainability
- The technical and communication skills necessary to understand and explain to others the sustainability implications of engineered systems.
Topic areas include earth systems engineering and management, industrial ecology, life cycle assessment, environmental technologies, energy systems and conservation, green construction practices, water systems, transportation systems, and sustainable technology systems.
Graduates with an ASU Online Master of Science in Sustainable Engineering have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.