Online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Graduate Certificate
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt graduate certificate is aimed at engineers and managers who oversee tactical and strategic projects as well as various operational functions in their organizations.
This online certificate program aims to provide students with a set of contemporary tools to produce measurable improvements in business processes. In particular, graduates of the certificate program will gain an in-depth understanding of the Define Measure Analyze Improve Control process and the tools used to achieve effective process and product improvement; develop the leadership and team-building skills necessary to oversee continuous improvement projects with many stakeholders; and understand how lean principles and design for Six Sigma fit into the overall task of product and process improvement.
The culminating experience is in line with the Black Belt certification requirements used nationwide in similar certification programs.
Graduates of this certificate program will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the DMAIC process and the tools used to achieve effective process and product improvement
- Develop leadership and team-building skills necessary to oversee continuous improvement projects with many stakeholders
- Understand how lean principles and design for Six Sigma fit into the overall task of product and process improvement.
Top 25% of all accredited engineering programs in the nation
- ASU #2 for online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- ASU #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 engineering online programs for veterans (2019)
- #9 engineering online graduate programs (2019)
- #38 engineering undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #44 graduate program - 24th among public institutions
- 60 engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Fulton Schools' 22,000+ students represent 135 countries, all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Ira A. Fulton offers a wide range of degree options. Students are engineers from day one–they don’t have to wait until they are juniors to be engineers.
According to U.S. News & World Report, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering undergraduate degree programs are ranked in the top 25% percent of programs. Of the 320+ faculty members, the majority have been honored with the highest awards in their fields. Faculty milestones include:
- Nobel Laureate
- National Academy of Engineering members
- National Academy of Sciences members
- National Academy of Inventors members
- National Academy of Construction members
- More than 55 young investigator awards received in the last 10 years.
Graduates with an ASU Online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Graduate Certificate have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of a student's first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- Graduate admission application and application fee
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
Additional Application Information
An applicant whose native language is not English (regardless of current residency) must provide proof of English proficiency.
Students should have completed a course in basic statistics, have taken math courses through vector calculus, and be able to demonstrate computer skills with modern programming languages and software. The basic statistics course should cover descriptive statistics, modeling uncertainty though the use of probability distributions, the concept of hypothesis testing, analysis of variance and confidence intervals, and simple linear regression.