The online biological sciences program spans investigations into genetic and environmental causes of diversity, how organisms evolve, the interplay of organisms and their environments, and how these factors influence health and disease. The curriculum aligns with the broad scientific competencies recommended for premed students in a report of the American Medical Colleges and the Howard Hughes Medical Committee and reflected in the 2015 changes to the MCAT. The degree includes all chemistry, biochemistry, math and physics courses needed to prepare students for the MCAT or medical school admissions, as well as any graduate program in biology.
Take advantage of state-of-the art technology and gain hands on experience. Some students will be required to attend a lab in May 2018 at the ASU Tempe campus.
Students may be required to attend an on-campus lab on the Tempe, Arizona campus, or fulfill the requirement via transfer credit.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the nation for innovation