ASU's bachelor of science in software engineering, offered online through the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, is a unique project-driven curriculum, establishing a new model for software engineering education. The built around the concepts of engaged learning, discovery-based education and learning-by-doing. As a student in this degree, you will complete projects in every semester of the program, to provide increased professional skills in communication, teamwork, critical thinking and professionalism.
Graduates of this program are qualified to design and engineer innovative systems that may include mechanical and electrical components that interact with software. The program prepares you to enter the computing profession (most commonly as an application software engineer) or for advanced study in computing or an allied field. Upon graduation, you may pursue software engineering jobs related to creating video games and web applications, embedded systems, developing distributed applications or working on data, network, security or computer system administration.
Top 25% of all accredited engineering programs in the nation:
- #2 online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 engineering online programs for veterans
- #9 engineering online graduate programs
- #11 university to earn an online graduate degree from
- #38 engineering undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #45 graduate program - 23rd among public institutions
- 60 engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Fulton Schools' 22,000+ students represent all 50 states and Puerto Rico, and 121 countries
- The software engineering B.S.E. program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET http://www.abet.org
Ira A. Fulton offers a wide range of degree options. Students are engineers from day one–they don’t have to wait until they are juniors to be engineers.