Online Bachelor of Liberal Studies
Which degree are you most interested in?
The Bachelor of Liberal Studies program offers you the opportunity to study a broad array of disciplines. This online program offered through ASU aims to provide you with the foundation to use knowledge in a manner that will help you become more successful thinkers, decision-makers and leaders.
Part of ASU’s College of Integrative Sciences and Arts, the Bachelor of Liberal Studies program will offer you course work from more than two dozen disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. These liberal studies core classes are designed to promote critical and creative thinking as you learn how to draw upon diverse disciplinary perspectives and modes of inquiry, help in the development of communication skills and support efforts toward professional career development. BLS course options will include: Communication in the Electronic Age, Immigration and Ethnicity in the United States and Global Awareness.
This degree is an idea program for students with a wide range of intellectual interests, or for students with many different transfer credits looking to complete their degree. You will be able to make connections across various fields of your choosing, applying knowledge to real-world problems, and gaining diverse and applicable skills such as problem-solving, research, leadership and teamwork.
- #1 public university chosen by international students
- #1 in the U.S. for innovation
- #2 in the U.S. for online undergraduate degree programs
- A top producer of world’s elite scholars
- A prestigious global university
Arizona State University’s College of Integrative Sciences and Arts faculty members are deeply committed to exploration in their fields of work. Many of the college’s faculty and staff are recognized both nationally and internationally for their achievements, including the following national honors and awards:
- Fulbright Scholars
- American Educational Research Association fellows
- Distinguished Leader for Women in Psychology Leadership Award
- American Psychological Association fellows
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Society for the Promotion of Psychotherapeutic Science Section
- Leona Tyler Award for Lifetime Distinguished Contribution to Counseling Psychology
- Arizona Psychological Association, Faculty of the Year Award
- Ellen Nold Award for best article in the field of computers and composition studies
- Council of Writing Program Administrators, Best Book Award
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to: