The online Bachelor of Arts in Spanish degree program is a student-centered program that is individually tailored based on your ability to test out of lower-and upper-division language courses. Prior to starting the degree program, you will be required to take a language placement test, which will determine a suggested course level.
Throughout your degree program, you will also gain an advanced understanding of the cultural context of Spanish, Latin American and Mexican American traditions through the analysis of texts, mass media and important social debates throughout the Spanish-speaking world. Courses include Mexican Literature, Civilization of the Spanish Southwest, and Spanish American Civilization.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal.
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 most innovative university in the U.S.