Online Bachelor of Arts in Art History
Which degree are you most interested in?
The Bachelor of Arts in art history through ASU’s Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts is one of few online art history programs offered nationwide. The ASU Online Art History BA is a comprehensive degree designed to engage you with visuality in a variety of ways. The program provides a high-quality art history education and will prepare you for a life-long career.
As an art history major, you'll be offered a diverse curriculum that fosters critical understanding of the aesthetics, production, patronage and consumption of art. Courses examine art history from a wide variety of cultures, time periods, and geographies through multiple approaches and methodologies. Herberger’s internationally recognized faculty members collectively hold a broad base of art history knowledge, providing a remarkable educational experience.
Graduates in art history at the bachelor's level find employment opportunities in commercial art galleries, art publications and museums. Career options include positions such as arts managers, archivists, curators, fine artists, museum technicians and conservators, and art, drama, and music teachers.
Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts accolades:
- ASU’s Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts is the largest comprehensive design and arts school in the country.
- 5,000+ students, nearly 400 faculty members, 130 programs comprising of arts, media and engineering, design, film, dance and theatre and music.
- Ranked 20th among fine arts schools in the nation, ahead of Cornell University, Parsons School of Design and the University of California.
Home to world-class artists and designers who inspire students to shape the future. Herberger’s faculty research focuses on improving the human condition through creativity and art in the following areas:
- The Study of Creative Work
- Arts Entrepreneurship and Cultural Policy
- Arts Education and Arts-Integrated Education
- Design + Arts + Science + Engineering
- Arts and Design for Social Justice
- Creative Health Collaborations
- Community Engagement and Public Policy
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Arts in Art History have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to: