Students in the online Materials Science and Engineering program benefit from taking courses at the highly-ranked Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. The required coursework covers four subjects: advanced thermodynamics, structure and mechanical properties; kinetics and phase transformations and materials physics. Electives allow students to tailor their program of study to their individual research interests.
We are very proud of the work our students have gone onto accomplish after completing the Materials Science and Engineering program. Graduates have obtained challenging jobs with materials dependent high technology industries, universities, and government research laboratories. Many of them are now in high-level administrative and research positions. The MS programs offers excellent opportunities whether an individual is interested in further research or field work. It is an exciting time for those in the materials discipline.
Top 25% of all accredited engineering programs in the nation
- #4 online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 engineering online programs for veterans
- #11 university to earn an online graduate degree from
- #38 engineering undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #45 graduate program - 23rd among public institutions
- 60 engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Fulton Schools' 22,000+ students represent all 50 states and Puerto Rico, and 121 countries