Online Master of Science in Biomedical Diagnostics
Which degree are you most interested in?
The Master of Science in Biomedical Diagnostics is offered through the International School of Biomedical Diagnostics. ASU, along with our academic partner Dublin City University (DCU) and other industry partners, is creating a critical center of biomedical knowledge and innovation, committed to stimulating economic growth and improving the quality of life globally.
Offered online through The International School of Biomedical Diagnostics, this professional degree is designed to cover four core curricular areas that provide the foundation for the degree program:
- Technology of Diagnostics
- Science of Diagnostics
- Business of Diagnostics
- Application of Diagnostics
You will learn how diagnostics influences every facet of healthcare including pharmaceutical and technology development, patient management, health care finance, and health care policy. You will develop an understanding of the regulatory, business, legal, and technological facets of biomedical diagnostics.
This 30 credit hour program is offered in condensed 7.5 week sessions and is designed to be completed in one year. Students will complete an Applied Project in which they will work with ASU professors or industry partners on a topic relevant to the diagnostics field.
Graduates will be prepared to work with top biomedical companies in positions that will transform healthcare. They will also be prepared for advancement and management positions within the field.
Developing the health workforce of the future:
At the College of Health Solutions, students and faculty research solutions to global pressing health challenges while preparing the health workforce of the future.
- In the fall 2016, the College of Health Solutions had 247 Barrett Honors scholars, 146 faculty, 5,813 students and 9 million in research expenditures.
- Embedded partnerships in the community give students additional resources and networking opportunities including the Mayo Clinic, Barrow Neurological Institute, HonorHealth, Dignity Health, Health Care Sector Partnership and more
- $9 million in research expenditures
BMD 501 Introduction to Biomedical Informatics (3)
BMD 510 Current Perspectives in Biomedical Diagnostics (3)
BMD 511 Health Economics, Policy and Payment Models (3)
BE 513 Principles of Diagnostic Technology 2: Immunology (4)
BMD 593 Applied Project (3)
Students will take one or more courses through Dublin City University and will request to transfer that coursework into ASU as part of the degree program. Students should see the academic unit for an approved course list.
Faculty continue to practice and engage actively with the medical community. Faculty engagement and research include:
- Leadership within the Mayo Clinic
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease research
- Health monitoring technology research
- Big data analysis to improve patient health
- Study of human communication through state-of-the-art cognitive, behavioral and neuroscience techniques
- Research to understand the link between environment and policy on food security and community health
Graduates with an ASU Online Master of Science in Biomedical Diagnostics have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Health Solutions.
Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in one of the following fields, or a closely related field: biomedical informatics, biology, life sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, engineering, biomedical engineering, business, computer science, supply chain management, health sciences and medical studies.
Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of a student's first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum of 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- Graduate admission application and application fee
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency
Additional Application Information
An applicant whose native language is not English (regardless of current residency) must provide proof of English proficiency.
There are no required admission examinations.