Online Master of Applied Leadership and Management
Which degree are you most interested in?
The Online Master of Applied Leadership & Management is not just a master's degree from a top ranked school of global management, it is specially designed to take your career to the next level. Globalize your leadership skills in a flexible online format designed for working professionals and become part of the prestigious Thunderbird Alumni Network.
More than ever, the world needs leaders. Sharpen your skills in Thunderbird’s Online Master of Applied Leadership & Management program (MALM), a unique online degree taught by Thunderbird's world-class professors. The MALM is designed to explore leadership and management through the lens of high-growth and emerging markets, and delivers the highest quality graduate education in an affordable format. Offered in a hybrid model that blends flexible online learning with an optional in-person capstone experience, the MALM combines Thunderbird’s prestigious tradition of graduate education with cutting-edge technology to deliver a transformative graduate degree.
Join students from around the world in the Online Master of Applied Leadership & Management program and become part of the globally connected Thunderbird alumni network that opens doors and opportunities.
An International Leader in global business education:
- #1 most innovative university in the nation
- #1 in networking & number of overseas MBA alumni branches
- #1 Internationalism of alumni
- #1 in global experience
- #3 in potential to network
- #4 top 10 culturally dynamic universities
- #4 in International Business in 2018
- #6 in the world for a Distance/Online MBA
- #21 in best online graduate business program
Tuition Fee for 2018
Thunderbird Global Excellence Emerging Markets Scholarship
Up to 50% bringing approximate degree cost to $15,996 for qualified students in emerging markets.
Recommended but optional in-person business and strategic plan bootcamp experience
Cost = TBD
TAM 511 Accounting for Business Leaders (3)
TAM 521 Financial Analysis and Management (3)
TAM 530 Data Analytics and Decision Making (3)
TAM 531 Project and Operations Leadership (3)
TAM 534 Entrepreneurship and Business Plan Development (3)
TAM 541 Strategy in a Competitive World (3)
TAM 542 Leadership and Personal Development (3)
TGM 505 States and Markets in a Global Economy (2)
TGM 540 Managing People from a Global Perspective
(2) TGM 551 Global Marketing Strategy (2)
TGM 579 Communicating in a Global Context (2)
TAM 597 Integrative Project (1)
- 34 full-time faculty and 48 adjunct faculty teaching the same courses in-person and via ASU Online.
- All faculty have strong leadership experience within the academic and professional worlds.
- Many of our adjunct faculty work full-time in prestigious leadership positions in the public, private and not-for-profit arenas.
Modern business is global. With globalization accelerating at a rapid pace, global mindset and skillsets are now the norm for most career advancement.
Many Thunderbird graduates go on to become country managers, do business development work internationally, open subsidiaries in foreign locations, manage global projects, and advance business careers in multinational companies.
- Resume documenting work experience
- Proof of English proficiency if you did not graduate from an English-speaking university in a native English-speaking country (TOEFL of 80, IELTS of 6.5, Pearson Test of English of 60)
- If entering via the MicroMasters, Thunderbird MicroMasters Certificate demonstrating a B or better in each of the four courses
- Official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions, validating the completion of a four-year degree
Preferred/average work experience
Our preferred work experience duration is at least 2 years.