Online Health Care Innovation Graduate Certificate
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online healthcare innovation graduate certificate at Arizona State University will provide you with the cognitive and affective competencies to create and sustain transformative change in health care.
The emerging field of healthcare innovation requires individuals who can lead and facilitate change. You will learn through reflection, personality assessment, exercises in interdisciplinary team-case study analyses, system intervention, idea pitching and change-readiness assessment.
Related entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial concepts such as prototyping, business plan or project plan design, budgeting and presentation skills are also covered in the program. Emphasizing complexity leadership and vulnerability along with emotional competence, this certificate will prepare you to work in this interdisciplinary and highly sought-after area.
ASU Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation Achievements:
- According to U.S. News & World Report, the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation ranks in the top 11% nationally for its Master's programs.
- The partnership between ASU’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation and Mayo Clinic received the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Exemplary Academic-Practice Partnership Award in 2015.
- ASU BSN graduates surpass the national average of 82% on the NCLEX first time pass rate at 92%.
- This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education through June 30, 2024. All programs are also approved by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
HCI 538 Innovation and the Individual (3) HCI 542 Systems Thinking in a Complex Environment (3) HCI 554 Outcomes Evaluation (3) HCI 561 Innovation Methods (2)
HCI 570 Capstone Course: Innovation Project (4)
Arizona State University’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation is the home to world-renowned faculty members including:
- Fulbright Senior Scholar
- Rosalynn Carter National Leadership Award in Caregiving
- Ruth B. Freeman Award from American Public Health Association
- Countless national faculty nursing awards
Graduates with an ASU Online Health Care Innovation Graduate Certificate have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
Applicants must fulfill both the requirements of the Graduate College and those of the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in any health-related business, social science, hard science, health care practice or technology field, from a regionally accredited institution.
Applicants must have a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of a student's first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- Graduate admission application and application fee
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
Additional Application Information
An applicant whose native language is not English (regardless of current residency) must provide proof of English proficiency.
There are no required admission examinations.