Online Bachelor of Science in Public Service & Public Policy (Emergency Management & Homeland Security)
Which degree are you most interested in?
Arizona State University’s Bachelor of Science in public service and public policy online degree with a concentration in emergency management and homeland security prepares you to tackle complex issues of both mitigation of and response to natural or man-made disasters.
In recent years, many factors have increased the importance of emergency management and homeland security and the need for trained professionals in these fields. This program will prepare you to approach complex issues of mitigation of and response to natural or man-made disaster.
An undergraduate degree in public service and public policy with a concentration in emergency management and homeland security opens the door to a challenging career as a professional emergency manager. The advancement of technology has created the potential for more devastating disasters than ever before. As a result, there is an increasing demand for emergency managers who have a solid foundation in scientific and technical disciplines, as well as management skills.
- Research is the forefront of all academic activities with 20 research centers for advancing research and discovery around challenges that affect us globally
- Home to ASU’s most diverse student body —and the largest community of first-generation college students
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
- Named a prestigious global university
- #2 university in the country for online undergraduate degree programs
The impressive faculty in the Watts College of Public Service & Community Solutions are inspiring the next generation of public service leaders through real-world solutions to issues around child welfare, safety, city management, human trafficking and water scarcity.
Recent Faculty Highlights Include:
- Fellow by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Fellow of the American Psychological Association
- Director inducted into the National Academy of Public Administration
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Science in Public Service and Public Policy with a concentration in Emergency Management and Homeland Security have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to: