Want to be the individual who is responsible for designing, selecting, implementing, and managing computer-based information solutions? The information technology graduate can design and create effective solutions to today’s knowledge-based problems within a cybersecure environment. Graduates have the ability to: create network architectures within a cybersecure infrastructure, configure and administer complex computer and database systems; evaluate networks using cybersecure tools and techniques; and, design and process interactive information management solutions, including big data applications. Students will create a project solution most every semester and hone team and presentation skills. In addition to selecting a primary focus area, (networking and security, information management, or enterprise computing) students will be able to spend the last two semesters developing and demonstrating a project-based solution to an information technology centric challenge.
Once you begin upper division courses, you will select six courses from one of three available tracks: (1) Networking and Computer System Security: Network Security and Administration, which includes courses such as Internet Networking Architecture and Control, Security Architecture, and Socket Programming; (2) Information Systems: Information systems includes SQL programming, Database Architectures including Big Data, and API programming; and (3) Enterprise Computing: Internet structures within the Enterprise and managing Enterprise development. The Information Technology, B.S. program at Arizona State University is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. Student enrollment and graduation data are available at engineering.asu.edu/factbook/data.
Top 25% of all accredited engineering programs in the nation:
- #4 online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 Engineering Programs for Veterans
- #11 university to earn an online degree from
- #13 Online Engineering Graduate Programs
- #37 Undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #43 Graduate Program - 23rd among public institutions
- 45+ engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Represent more than 20,000 students from all 50 states and 121 countries
- The information technology BS program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Ira A. Fulton offers a wide range of degree options. Students are engineers from day one–they don’t have to wait until they are juniors to be engineers.