ASU's online Bachelor of Arts in English degree will provide you with a solid cross-discipline selection of high-quality courses from the ASU Department of English while still having complete control over your daily schedule. The program is taught by experienced ASU faculty members, who also teach on-campus courses and do research in their field of expertise. Through integrated study, you will be prepared for a variety of careers that require teamwork, analytical interpretation, problem solving, strong and effective oral and written communication, and leadership skills. In addition, you will practice how to express complex ideas for a specific audience and purpose and utilize research tools for writing and other modes of communication. Further, you will develop contextualizing skills, which will allow you to situate texts within their historical, cultural, critical, and rhetorical situations.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal.
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 most innovative university in the U.S.