Through this degree program, you will learn the methodology and practice of the discipline and how to facilitate its application across a wide-variety of applications. This program is ideal if you are interested in innovative, transdisciplinary learning and the opportunity to work with students from around the globe to advance the field and develop sustainable, real-world applications. You will also apply the fundamentals of your training during a series of practicums, including a self-designed “Biomimicry Virtual Design Lab.”
The biomimicry MS addresses the strong demand for the incorporation of biomimicry practices in different professions and industries including sustainability, design, life science, engineering and business. Because of the practical application emphasis of the program, you will benefit the most from your training with at least a 3-5 years of experience after your undergraduate degree. Others who have studied biomimicry have applied their knowledge globally in areas like sustainability, transportation, product design, architecture, economics, and nonprofit ventures.
The School of Life Sciences
The School of Life Sciences innovates education by hosting concentrations which compliment unique career tracks. Here, students can pursue their passion and initiate innovation in areas of need.
- No. 21 in the world for biological sciences on the Quacquarelli Symonds list
- Undergraduate student research opportunities
- More students from School of Life Sciences are accepted into medical school than any other college within ASU
- Hosts use-inspired research centers like the Biomimicry Center
- Graduates enter into fields where growth opportunity has been identified for years to come