In this program you will obtain knowledge and skills to help individuals and families understand how social context affects their well-being. You will also learn about the factors that influence successful relationships and outcomes.
The MA in Sociology degree is ideal if you are seeking an applied practitioner approach to understanding critical 21st-century social issues. You will work with expert faculty who are experienced in teaching high-quality online courses, as well as directing your capstone project. Graduates of this program often enter careers in human, social and government agencies.
This is a non-thesis degree program focusing on practical application and does not require a GRE. You can complete the program in as little as 15-18 months, enabling you to enter the job market sooner.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the nation for innovation