Master of Arts in English: English Studies.
In crafting your course of study, you will be able to choose courses that best suit your individual interests and professional goals from areas including literature, writing, linguistics, rhetorics and literacies, English education, film and media and cultural studies. You may also take certain courses that examine the transdisciplinary relationship between English and other areas of study at ASU.
Through a series of courses across English disciplines, students learn how to interpret and articulate complex cultural, historical, literary and language-related ideas and synthesize them into accessible material for general audiences.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the nation for innovation