Online Clinical Research Management Graduate Certificate
Which degree are you most interested in?
The graduate certificate in Clinical Research Management addresses the needs of health care professionals who want to work in the diversified and complex clinical research industry. This flexible 15-credit online program is designed for nurses, physicians and other professionals within the field of health care.
Students in the online graduate certificate in Clinical Research Management who have a medical background, communication and critical thinking skills and an understanding of the clinical environment will be particularly suited for the CRM focus. The CRM specialty takes a multidisciplinary approach in providing an education strong in clinical research business and financial practices; ethical and regulatory aspects of research; and overall management of clinical drug, biological and medical device trials.
Students pursuing the CRM certificate will gain an understanding of:
- Clinical research study designs involved in the development of new drugs, medical devices, biologics, vaccines and other medical related consumer products
- Clinical research data management
- Regulatory requirements for health care-regulated product development
- International, federal, state and local regulations guiding clinical research
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) requirements and conduct of ethical research
ASU Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation Achievements:
- According to U.S. News & World Report, the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation ranks in the top 11% nationally for its Master's programs.
- The partnership between ASU’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation and Mayo Clinic received the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Exemplary Academic-Practice Partnership Award in 2015.
- ASU BSN graduates surpass the national average of 82% on the NCLEX first time pass rate at 92%.
- This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education through June 30, 2024. All programs are also approved by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
Arizona State University’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation is the home to world-renowned faculty members including:
- Fulbright Senior Scholar
- Rosalynn Carter National Leadership Award in Caregiving
- Ruth B. Freeman Award from American Public Health Association
- Countless national faculty nursing awards
Graduates with an ASU Online Clinical Research Management Graduate Certificate have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
Applicants must fulfill both the requirements of the Graduate College and those of the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a nationally recognized, regionally accredited academic institution that includes courses with content in anatomy and physiology and medical terminology, or if applicants have earned a bachelor's degree and provide evidence of successful completion of additional courses in anatomy and physiology and medical terminology.
Applicants must have a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of a student's first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- Graduate admission application and application fee
- Official transcripts
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three online references
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of six months experience in clinical research
Additional Application Information
An applicant whose native language is not English (regardless of current residency) must provide proof of English proficiency.
Six months of full-time, related clinical research work or internship experience should be demonstrated on the applicant's resume or curriculum vitae. Applicants may be required to submit a job description or internship transcript from their employer. The online references should be from colleagues, supervisors or other professional contacts who can attest to the applicant's academic and leadership experiences.