To learn more about ASU Online or a specific program, fill out the form below and check your email for information on next steps.
Helpful hacks for holiday networking
The holiday season brings so many people together, from parties to events, and is a time to catch up with family and friends. They care about you most and are always willing to help. Surprisingly, they can be great resources too.
The holidays are also an opportunity to do some networking with someone you may have not spoken to in a while. Here are some helpful tips for networking during the holidays:
- Mention what you’re focusing on in your career. It may lead to guidance or a new lead.
- Attend events like company holiday parties or participate in volunteer opportunities. These are the best times to make personal connections. Plus, these events are also an opportunity to gain leads.
- Instead of focusing on meeting everyone, work on making a few strong impressions. Don’t make the conversation all about you though. Stay engaged and think of ways to make lasting impressions.
- Be sure to establish genuine connections with everyone. Leave your resume at home and focus on getting business cards from your connections.
- A good rule of thumb is to stay relatable in your conversation.
- Lastly, send a follow-up email to recap important points of the conversation that directly align you and the discussed subject matter.
We're so excited to share Alicia’s story! Alicia is a part of our #LearnASULive team, an ASU Online brand ambassador program highlighting students who are earning their degrees while living their lives to the fullest. If you enjoyed this, be sure to check back for new articles from Alicia so that you can follow along with her journey. To check out all her posts to date, visit Alicia’s Instagram, Twitter and website!
Want to hear from our other ambassadors, too? Use the #LearnASULive hashtag across your favorite social channels to browse through them!