Take control with resources
Taking care of your well-being is always important, but especially so as you head into a stressful or overwhelming situation. Laying out a plan and adjusting routines to include movement, mindfulness and quiet time can help you regain your sense of control. Live Well @ ASU offers stress management tools to empower your success. Let’s explore a few:
Live Well live streams. You can join your fellow Sun Devils on live streams like yoga, bootcamp, dance fitness and more.
Meditation videos. Explore yoga and meditation videos at your leisure (not live streamed) to step into a calming headspace anytime you need a mental break.
Sparky’s Wellness Handbook. This robust digital journal offers tips, prompts and exercises on topics like time management, gratitude, calm breathing, stress management and much more.
Clear your mind
Stress takes a toll on your body and mind. Give yourself a chance to breathe and readjust by shaking up your routine. New scenery, sounds and experiences keep your brain and body active, which in turn helps you focus and function much stronger.
- Get outside. Take a stroll, study outside or simply bask in the sun and fresh air.
- Listen to a study playlist. The right music can reduce stress, boost motivation and help you focus.
- Make some art. You can paint, sculpt, play an instrument — anything that stimulates you creatively.
- Move your body. Whether you’re grocery shopping or at the gym, getting out and moving around will help boost your mood.
- Practice positive self-talk. Take a moment to remind yourself that you are learning and can have the strength to persevere.
- Take a break. Even the seemingly small act of telling yourself that you can take a break helps lessen the pressure your body is holding and opens your brain to new perspectives.
Your success as an online student means more than just good grades. That’s why we take a personal approach to supporting your unique journey and goals so you can feel empowered to succeed.
Our unparalleled student support services include:
- Career services.
- Counseling and life services.
- Disability resources.
- Licensed student wellness professionals.
- Online tutoring.
- Success coaches.
- Resources for current military/veteran students.
- Time management coaches.
We're here from day one, supporting your journey to graduation and beyond — but remember, these services only help if you use them!
ASU Online is committed to creating an inclusive, supportive and accessible environment for digital learners. Get connected with your fellow Sun Devils on social media using #asuonline and explore more resources on the Live Well @ ASU blog.