Which degree are you most interested in?
Study abroad as an ASU Online student
The Arizona State University Study Abroad Office offers more than 250 different programs in over 65 countries! ASU Online Students can study abroad during any term including summer or fall/spring semester, as well as spring break programs. Studying abroad impacts your life in many positive ways that last far beyond the duration of your program.
By studying abroad, ASU Online students have the opportunity to develop a global perspective in your field of study, gain a sense of direction and purpose for your future career, and begin to build a network of professional contacts around the world. Potential employers value the skills students gain abroad such as critical thinking, problem solving, flexibility, adaptability, confidence, and other cultural competencies.
Financial aid, including many ASU and non-ASU scholarships, can be applied towards ASU-sponsored study abroad programs. More information on study abroad grants and scholarships is available online as well as ideas on how to generate community-based funding. You can learn more about funding options by participating in an online Financing your Study Abroad Workshop that occurs every month through the academic year.
Because ASU offers so many study abroad programs in so many different locations, this allows for a wide range of coursework to suit your academic needs. Plan early and talk to your academic advisor about the best time to study abroad as an ASU Online student.
- Counter-Terrorism in Israel, summer program, faculty-directed program
- Adventures in Culture, Health, and Environment in New Zealand, summer program, faculty-directed program
- Adventures in Culture, Health and Environment in Fiji, summer program, faculty-directed
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies in Oxford, summer program, faculty-directed
- Spanish Language and Mayan Culture in Yucatan, summer program, faculty-directed
- ISA: International Studies, Business, and Culture at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, semester program
- Film in Rome, summer program
- And more...
Participants in any study abroad program will earn ASU “resident” credit and grades for courses completed on the program. Read more about Credits & Grades.
Coursework taught in English is available in most regions of the world.
Some study abroad programs combine coursework with internship placements that earn academic credit, including:
- China English-Speaking Internship and Study Abroad, summer program, faculty-directed
- Dublin, Ireland Internship and Study Abroad Program, summer program, faculty-directed
- Italy English-Speaking Internship and Study Abroad Program in Milan and Florence, summer program, faculty-directed
- Medicine and Veterinary Care English-Speaking Internship in Nicaragua, summer program, faculty directed
- View a full listing of study abroad and internship opportunities, click For a full listing of study abroad and internship opportunities.
You can search for programs in a variety of ways:
- Simple search: For students narrowing down their options by program name, term, city, country, and/or region.
- Advanced search: For students who want to identify programs that offer a particular area of study or program sponsored by a particular ASU College, Department, or School. You can utilize several filters at once for a more targeted result.
- Course search: Ideal for students who have specific ASU courses to complete abroad.
- Map search: Best suited for those who want to browse programs by region, then country.