As part of the School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, we offer one of the largest and strongest history programs in the country. As a history student, you can select either the United States or world as your geographic emphasis area. The curriculum is firmly based in the humanities and involves the critical, historical, and comparative study of texts, practices and contexts, as well as the natural and social sciences. This is a transfer-friendly program that is ideal for students looking to complete their degree or for those with family and career responsibilities. In today’s competitive marketplace, there is significant and increasing demand for professionals with critical thinking and writing skills and individuals who possess the unique ability to thoughtfully evaluate conflicting pieces of information. This program will prepare you for successful careers in business, education and public service. Our graduates will also find a distinct edge in pursuing a graduate degree in fields such as business, history, justice studies, law, and public administration.
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal.
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 most innovative university in the U.S.