Online Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
Which degree are you most interested in?
The online bachelor of science in software engineering degree at Arizona State University emphasizes flexibility in the context of project-driven engineering education, blending engineering, computing, project leadership and software construction.
ASU's bachelor of science in software engineering, offered online through the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, is a unique project-driven curriculum, establishing a new model for software engineering education. The built around the concepts of engaged learning, discovery-based education and learning-by-doing. As a student in this degree, you will complete projects in every semester of the program, to provide increased professional skills in communication, teamwork, critical thinking and professionalism.
Graduates of this program are qualified to design and engineer innovative systems that may include mechanical and electrical components that interact with software. The program prepares you to enter the computing profession (most commonly as an application software engineer) or for advanced study in computing or an allied field. Upon graduation, you may pursue software engineering jobs related to creating video games and web applications, embedded systems, developing distributed applications or working on data, network, security or computer system administration.
Top 25% of all accredited engineering programs in the nation
- ASU #2 for online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- ASU #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 engineering online programs for veterans (2019)
- #9 engineering online graduate programs (2019)
- #38 engineering undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #44 graduate program - 24th among public institutions
- 60 engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Fulton Schools' 22,000+ students represent 135 countries, all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Ira A. Fulton offers a wide range of degree options. Students are engineers from day one–they don’t have to wait until they are juniors to be engineers.
According to U.S. News & World Report, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering undergraduate degree programs are ranked in the top 25% percent of programs. Of the 320+ faculty members, the majority have been honored with the highest awards in their fields. Faculty milestones include:
- Nobel Laureate
- National Academy of Engineering members
- National Academy of Sciences members
- National Academy of Inventors members
- National Academy of Construction members
- More than 55 young investigator awards received in the last 10 years
Graduates with an ASU Online Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering have career opportunities illustrated in the following list. Career examples include but are not limited to:
- Minimum 1210 SAT combined evidence-based reading and writing plus math score (or 1140 if taken prior to March 5, 2016) or minimum 24 ACT combined score; or 3.00 minimum ABOR GPA; or class ranking in top 25 percent of high school class, and
- Admission may be granted with one deficiency in no more than two competency areas. Deficiencies in both math and science are not acceptable.
Transfer students with less than 24 college credit hours:
- Minimum transfer GPA of 2.75 for less than 24 transfer hours, and
- satisfy the freshmen admission requirements
Transfer Students with 24 or more college credit hours:
- Minimum transfer GPA of 2.75 for 24 or more transfer hours, and
- If Undergraduate Admissions requires submission of a high school transcript, admission may be granted with one deficiency in no more than two competency areas. Deficiencies in both math and laboratory science are not acceptable.