What does being a Sun Devil mean? In addition to getting one of the best college buys in America (that's Forbes talking, not us) it also means discounts on computers, software deals, text rentals from our bookstore, and more.
The Sun Card is the official photo ID of all Arizona State University students, faculty and staff. Retailers in and around ASU campuses often offer discounts to Sun Card holders.
To obtain a Sun Card, please complete the following:
- Submit your photo to https://cfo.asu.edu/cardservices-photo (see the General Photo Guidelines below).
- After your photo submission has been approved, please email email@example.com a copy of your valid U.S. driver’s license, passport or U.S. military identification so that Sun Devil Card Services can verify your ID.
- Please also include your 10-digit ASU ID number as well as your current address in your email.
- IMPORTANT: Please type "Online Degree Student" in the subject line of your email.
A $25 fee will be posted to your student account. Please allow ten (10) working days for delivery by USPS.
General Photo Guidelines:
- Student's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- The entire face should be in focus
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months
- Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
The Pitchfork card is an all-in-one student ID, MasterCard® check card and building access card for local students who open an official Sun Devil Checking account.
Save your homework and more online with My Files. My Files offers free online storage and is a great way to keep files organized and secure. Find My Files through My ASU or visit myfiles.asu.edu.
Create documents, spreadsheets and presentations online, and share them with classmates, teachers, family and friends for free using My Docs. Find My Docs through My ASU or visit docs.asu.edu.
Design your own website for free with easy to use templates. Find My Sites through My ASU or visit sites.asu.edu.
ASU students have remote access to hundreds of software titles at no cost via My Apps. My Apps is accessible from any computer using your ASURITE UserID and password. Find My Apps through My ASU or visit apps.asu.edu. For a quick tutorial on accessing My Apps and using the software, check out this orientation video.
Other software titles including Microsoft and Adobe products are available for purchase at reduced educational pricing through the ASU Computer Store. See below for more details.
ASU Book Store - Technology
All ASU students are invited to take advantage of computer and laptop bundles, as well as discounts on useful software suites. Learn more at the ASU Bookstore's Technology site.
Some ASU departments have specific recommendations about computers that work well for their students. If you have already chosen a major, be sure to check with your department for their recommendation.
Online Software Training with Versitas
Get discounted online training for all Microsoft Office suite programs, including versions 2007, 2010 and 2013. Visit http://useithere.asu.edu/profile/versitas to learn more.
Ink Toner Discounts
247inktoner.com offers ASU students a 20% discount on ink and toner for printers. Just be sure to mention you're an ASU student and provide your name and student ID at the time of purchase.