In recent years, many factors have increased the importance of emergency management and homeland security and the need for trained professionals in these fields. This program will prepare you to approach complex issues of mitigation of and response to natural or man-made disaster.
An undergraduate degree in public service and public policy with a concentration in emergency management and homeland security opens the door to a challenging career as a professional emergency manager. The advancement of technology has created the potential for more devastating disasters than ever before. As a result, there is an increasing demand for emergency managers who have a solid foundation in scientific and technical disciplines, as well as management skills.
- Research is the forefront of all academic activities with 20 research centers for advancing research and discovery around challenges that affect us globally
- Home to ASU’s most diverse student body —and the largest community of first-generation college students
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
- Top 10 in the nation for employability
- Named a prestigious global university
- #4 university in the country for online undergraduate degree programs