Growing public demand for health information has created a need for communicators and marketers with a thorough understanding of health and nutrition issues. As a student in the bachelor of science in nutrition program, you will have an advantage the ability to apply nutrition principles in a variety of fields based on one of the following tracks.
- Food and Nutrition Management: Students develop an understanding of how different food industries operate (commercial, institutional) and how to manage each type of operation. Students are exposed to the variety of food delivery methods, have an opportunity to operate a retail kitchen and gain an understanding of food service procurement. Additionally, this track requires students to earn their ServSafe Manager certification that demonstrates their food safety knowledge during food production and service.
- Nutrition Communication: Students develop expertise in the communication of health and nutrition information. Nutrition courses provide expert content to enable students to provide evidence-based information to consumers and health professionals. This track provides students with a strong background in research methods, statistics, nutrition, health care and communication skills.
- Food Studies: Students develop expertise in food and food production through course work in nutrition, food systems, sustainability and food marketing. This track allows students to select courses within the field based on personal interest and professional career goals.
ASU’s School of Nutrition and Health Promotion Achievements:
The School of Nutrition and Health Promotion is committed to rigorous, high caliber education for students in areas of health. The school is dedicated to designing research with the intent to promote a healthy lifestyle and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- In the fall 2016, the College of Health Solutions had 247 Barrett Honors scholars, 146 faculty, 5,813 students and 9 million in research expenditures
- Top 10 universities in the country for employability
- ASU is #1 in the nation for innovation
- A leader in undergraduate education