In our technical world, graphics are an essential way to communicate information. Being able to create, evaluate, organize and disseminate visual messages to a broad audience is a valuable skill. Through an intensive program of study emphasizing theory and practice, ASU’s BS in graphic information technology (web concentration) integrates diverse applications of digital communication and information as used in industry, commerce, education, and government.
As a graphic information technology student, you'll learn web development and interactive technologies, computer illustration and digital publishing, photography for online delivery, and other technologies relevant to the cross-media nature of the graphic information industry. You'll also have the opportunity to explore areas such as security, usability, entrepreneurship, and e-commerce. GIT students are prepared for positions such as web designers and developers, user experience designers, digital media specialists, and advertising executives, among others. As a graduate of this program, you can expect to find employment in government, corporate, non-profit, and cultural organizations. Recent examples include Shutterfly, Boeing, Digitaria digital marketing agency, Leo Burnett advertising, i4software, Blue Media, Fairytale Brownies, and the Phoenix Zoo.
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering:
- #4 online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 Engineering Programs for Veterans
- #11 university to earn an online degree from
- #13 Online Engineering Graduate Programs
- #37 Undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #43 Graduate Program - 23rd among public institutions
- 45+ engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Represent more than 20,000 students from all 50 states and 121 countries
- The electrical engineering B.S.E. program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Ira A. Fulton offers a wide range of degree options. Students are engineers from day one–they don’t have to wait until they are juniors to be engineers.