Based on a broad liberal arts education focused on the humanities, the BA in film and media studies degree will give you the ability to think analytically and speak and write clearly and persuasively - skills in demand across almost all sectors of the global economy. Our program develops these skills through a variety of discussion-based and writing intensive courses. We offer a broad range of courses that reflect trends and rapid transformations in the film and media industries and will prepare you for increasingly sophisticated forms of artistic expression and storytelling. Graduates with degrees in film and media studies have secured jobs in the entertainment industry as creative executives, producers, managers and writers. They work in media arts, story and production development, exhibition, distribution and film, and television and video game production. Some students complete graduate studies and secure jobs in journalism as film and media critics. For a better sense of academic and employment options for graduates of our program, we invite you to talk with our faculty.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the nation for innovation