The emergency medical services - mobile integrated healthcare concentration is a part of the Master of Arts in Public Safety Leadership and Administration is offered by the College of Public Service & Community Solutions through ASU Online. The 33-hour program can be completed in as little as one year. A culminating experience is a required element in the program. These mentored, applied projects tie theory to practice. In doing so, they represent opportunities for students to make direct and positive impacts in their home communities.
Students pursuing an emergency medical services degree will have a practical understanding of public health, public safety and health care systems. During the EMS-MIH concentration, students will develop analytical, decision-making, management and leadership skills, providing them with the knowledge you need to influence organizational change, develop programs, and solve problems in EMS agencies. Students receive a multidisciplinary perspective to prepare them for an entrepreneurial and transformative role in emergency care systems. Our curriculum incorporates the latest trends in community paramedicine and mobile integrated healthcare delivery.
Learn to transform pre-hospital health care systems to better manage the health of populations, reduce the cost of health care, and improve the patient quality of care experience. After graduation, EMS students can use their degree toward potential opportunities in public, private, and nonprofit EMS agencies, as well as hospitals, public health departments, behavioral and social service agencies, and managed care organizations.
ASU College of Public Service and Community Solutions:
- Research is the forefront of all academic activities with 20 research centers for advancing research and discovery around challenges that affect us globally
- Home to ASU’s most diverse student body —and the largest community of first-generation college students
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
- Top 10 in the nation for employability
- Named a prestigious global university
- #4 university in the country for online undergraduate degree programs