The overall educational objective of graduate study in industrial engineering is to improve each student’s ability to understand, analyze, and resolve problems within complex organizations. Industrial engineers must develop qualitative and quantitative abilities to assist management in such diverse organizations as banks, government, hospitals, military, and manufacturing operations. It is a dynamic field with many opportunities in nearly every industry.
ASU’s industrial engineering department emphasizes three primary areas of study: information systems engineering and management systems engineering; operations research and production systems; and quality and reliability engineering. A specialty program in international logistics is also offered.
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
- #4 online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 Engineering Programs for Veterans
- #11 university to earn an online degree from
- #13 Online Engineering Graduate Programs
- #37 Undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #43 Graduate Program - 23rd among public institutions
- 45+ engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Represent more than 20,000 students from all 50 states and 121 countries