The goal of sustainable engineering is to enable long-lasting improvement of the human condition. The online masters in sustainable engineering program transcends traditional engineering education by integrating considerations of complex social, environmental, political, and economic factors into engineering theory and practice in order to achieve more economically, technically, environmentally, institutionally and socially efficient and robust solutions.
We’ll help you understand how to integrate complex social, environmental, political and economic factors so you can create elegant environmentally, socially and economically efficient engineering solutions for your clients and your organizations.
In this online program you’ll develop:
- Multidisciplinary expertise so you can better understand and work with complex engineering and technological systems
- Knowledge of core sustainable engineering principles
- Expertise in natural and man-made system modeling, dynamics and adaptive behavior
- A working knowledge of key environmental and social considerations, and how they can be integrated into technology design
- Skill in using essential tools such as life cycle assessment and design for sustainability
- The technical and communication skills necessary to understand and explain to others the sustainability implications of engineered systems.
The online MSE in Sustainable Engineering program covers courses in topic areas such as earth systems engineering, industrial ecology, life cycle assessment, environmental technologies, energy systems and conservation, green construction practices, water systems, transportation systems, and sustainable technology systems.
Top 25% of all accredited engineering programs in the nation:
- #4 online undergraduate degree programs in the nation
- #5 university in the nation for producing the best qualified graduates
- #8 Engineering Programs for Veterans
- #11 university to earn an online degree from
- #13 Online Engineering Graduate Programs
- #37 Undergraduate program - 22nd among public institutions
- #43 Graduate Program - 23rd among public institutions
- 45+ engineering student organizations and student professional societies give students leadership opportunities and hands-on experience
- Represent more than 20,000 students from all 50 states and 121 countries