Through online coursework, applied activities and in-person clinical experiences, the program will equip you with specialized skills and advanced knowledge in early childhood pedagogy, community collaboration, technology, administration, policy analysis and advocacy. The master's degree is appropriate for students interested in learning about early childhood education research and working with infants and children in grades K-3. This track may be of interest if you already have a teaching certificate and are interested in furthering your knowledge and skills or pursuing doctoral studies in the future.
All courses are online, but practicum placement are completed in person. If you are seeking certification in a state other than Arizona, you should contact your state department of education to determine the early childhood education requirements prior to applying.
The MEd in early childhood education has two offerings:
- MEd with Certification (45 credit hours)
- MEd (30 credit hours)
Mary Lou Fulton Teacher’s College:
- Award-winning, fastest rising top-tier college of education in the country
- In 2017, U.S. News & World Report ranked the graduate education program 14th in the country
- Mary Lou Fulton undergraduate students have a 92.5% employability after graduation
- In the 2018 U.S. News & World Report rankings, Mary Lou Fulton Teacher’s College placed 11th among the best graduate colleges of education, public and private, in the nation - #4 college among public universities